106 W Main St, Benson, NC 27504
Teen Driver’s Education Contract
This contract is made and entered into by and between Benson Driving School and their officers, directors, representatives, heirs, and employees, and the student (signed below) hereinafter called the student, for a group course in driver’s education hereinafter called the activity.
Benson Driving School shall provide 30 hours of driver’s education classroom instruction and 6 hours behind the wheel for a fee of $500.00 paid in advance or prior to class. Benson Driving School will provide a NCDMV licensed instructor, vehicle, and fuel for driving.
The goal is to complete the behind the wheel portion as soon as possible, though understanding it could take up to 120 days to complete from the class test date due to COVID-19.
In consideration of my participation in the classroom instruction and in the car instruction (behind the wheel) are both called the activity and any and all events or activities in relation thereto (collectively the activity) permitted by Benson Driving School and with the understanding that my participation in the activity is only on the condition that I (as student named below) enter into this agreement for myself, my heirs, and assigns, I hereby assume the inherent and extraordinary risks involved in the activity in which I may participate. I expressly assume the risk of and accept full responsibility for any and all injuries (including death), COVID-19, property damage, and accidents which may occur as a result of my participation in the activity and release Benson Driving School, its and their officers, directors, agents, representatives, heirs, and employees. I hereby waive any and all claims I may hereafter have as a result of any and all injuries, disease, or sickness (including death) to myself, persons, and or property as a result of my participation in the activity. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold Benson Driving School, its and their officers, directors, agents, representatives, heirs, and employees harmless for any and all claims, including attorney’s fees and costs, which may be brought against any of them by anyone claiming to have been injured or as a result of injury, sickness or disease (including death), including COVID-19, harm to me or my property which may occur as a result of or during the activity. I understand that the activity may be inherently dangerous, and that physical injury, property damage, or death may result. I certify that I have read and fully understand this release. I am of lawful age and legally competent to make this agreement. If I am under 18 years of age, my guardian also accepts the contract terms and conditions. I understand that I am waiving any and all claims I may have against Benson Driving School, its and their officers, directors, agents, representatives, heirs, and employees as the result of my participation in the activity.
THIS IS A RELEASE; READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
- Benson Driving School is licensed by the State of North Carolina, Division of Motor Vehicles (NCDMV).
- Under this agreement an instructor may not provide behind-the-wheel training to more than three individual students.
- Benson Driving School will complete the course within a reasonable amount of time; however, it cannot be held responsible for delays caused by unsafe driving conditions due to bad weather, mechanical problems, COVID-19, or any other reasons over which it has no control. Benson Driving School will give as much notice as possible if any delay becomes necessary.
- If you cannot keep your scheduled behind the wheel appointment for driving, you must notify Benson Driving School or the instructor at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so will result in a $100.00 rescheduling fee. There is a $35.00 fee for all returned checks or returned/cancelled transactions.
- There will be a $100.00 administrative fee for all approved refunds.
- Benson Driving School will not refund any tuition monies or any part thereof when actual services have been rendered.
- Completion of the course does NOT guarantee a driver’s permit or a driver’s license.
- This agreement constitutes the entire contract between Benson Driving School and the student, and any verbal assurances or promises not contained herein shall bind neither Benson Driving School nor the student.